Here’s a breakdown of one of the great John Bonham’s signature licks…
Rhythm: 8th note triplets
Sticking: Right, Left, Bass
1) Work on the Right, Left, Bass pattern at a slow tempo on the snare
2) Move round the kit trying to keep an even sound and feel
3) As you feel comfortable work up the tempo
4) Experiment with different sounds and combinations
5) Try working the lick into songs and solo’s
If you really want to improve your drum skills then check out Mike Michalcow’s Drumming System. This comprehensive training package covers everything you need to progress from complete beginner to seasoned professional.
Just starting the drums? Check out the Rock Drumming System where you’ll discover how to play beginner-to-advanced beats, fills and more whether you read sheet music or not!